Thursday, November 19, 2009

taking a small break


dino-mite!
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
From preparing for tomorrow's sale to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. His school has instituted a no sweets birthday policy, so we did up some dime store dinosaurs to give his class. Time sure does fly. I can't believe he's such a big kid. And I know in a few years I won't be able to believe how little he seemed in 2009.

My kiln is full to the brim with blistering hot, glazed pottery. It is cooling down and I'll unload and finish pricing everything tomorrow. Today's task: cleaning. This is one benefit to having sales at home- I get a really deep clean done in the living room, dining room, bathroom, and kitchen. We move all of the furniture and take the books out of our bookshelves to display pottery - everything gets a good Mrs. Meyer's lavender wipe-down in the process. With masks on- we tackle that task today.

2 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

Tell that guy happy birthday from us! I didn't get my act together on the gift, sorry about that. I hope his day is great and your day too!

Unknown said...

I still love that birthday idea! My son's school allows very limited, store-bought sweets, but I'm thinking of doing something along these lines instead!