Friday, May 2, 2008

sweetness

My little boy is very tenderhearted. Earlier this week I was clipping some roses from our church to try to root and he asks "Mama, do flowers make you happy?" Yes, indeed they do. Yesterday, we were attempting to fly a kite in our front yard and he asks, "Mama, is yellow your favorite color?" Yes, it is. Every afternoon on the way home from school when we pass a clump of dandelions in someone's yard, he picks them for me, and I wear them in my hair, at least until we get home. I was reading the Honeyflake blog with my lunch today and saw this photo, which reminded me of my child's sweet spirit. Too often I'm afraid of forgetting these small joys of parenting, but this one photo brought some warmth into this mama's heart and reminded me to capture the daily examples of my little one's love.

No comments: