Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Martyrs of Memphis Icon


Martyrs ceramic icon
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
This just in- the wonderful priest who owns this icon has lent it to St. George's Episcopal Church gallery in Germantown, TN for an exhibit of icons, featuring the work of Mary Jane Miler of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. I am so tickled that my icon will be included! The opening was last night- I was unable to attend, but I'm going to get out to see it. The exhibit is up until the end of July. I'm particularly excited about the icon writing class that's going to be on Sunday nights in June, starting this Sunday. This particular technique is reverse-painting on glass, a Romanian form, I believe (I could be so so wrong). I've wanted to take the traditional egg-tempera icon workshops for years, but they are pricey. At $75, this class is certainly affordable. It starts this Sunday, so I'm sure I'll have photos to show you as it progresses.

No comments: