Monday, March 16, 2009

the surprise


the surprise
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
I'm a pretty low-key kind of girl. Birthdays have never been a big deal for me, and especially now as I am entering my middle 30s, I want and need less. We've been de-cluttering around the house, trying to simplify our lives by simplifying our possessions. This year, all I asked for was a single piece of pottery. Oh, and a load of dirt for my garden.

My husband got this cup for me. It's by Diana Fayt, my pottery hero. She's a strong woman with a successful business making BEAUTIFUL pottery. She has been so generous with her time and advice, and I am ever grateful. The little square saucer underneath the cup? That was a happy birthday from Diana. I was (and still am) so, so excited. Too excited to use them yet, but it will be a joy to use these beautiful pieces every day.

3 comments:

erica said...

Oh, what gorgeous pieces! What nice little jewels to adorn a birthday. Enjoy!

lomaprietapottery said...

Connected with your blog from Facebook Networked Blogs - just had to comment on your beautiful bday present. Diana's work is exquisite!

Anonymous said...

what a treasure, lucky girl!