Tuesday, March 24, 2009

feets on the wheel


feets on the wheel
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
Or they will be later. This morning my feet have been pounding the road (my first good run- or any run at all- since I had strep throat in October. I have a patient friend who came to get me at 5:50 (sharp!) and mapped out an easy 3 miles around the neighborhood), waiting in the car inspection line, tapping to 1940s country/bluegrass, and tidying up the house. After I go get the kiddo from his morning pre-K program, I'll go upstairs to trim the dozen-plus pieces I made yesterday afternoon. I happily dedicated Monday morning to mowing, edging, pruning, and clearing the garden from the last of its winter cloak.

I hope your day is productive, too!


Oh, and yes, I almost always throw barefoot. It seems like I get better traction on the pedal when I'm not wearing shoes ('cause that traction on the pedal is oh so important, you know?). I'm sure if I used a kick wheel I'd want shoes on, but I love my electric model. Also I tend to track less clay dust down the stairs when I'm shoeless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Productive days are the best, especially in the spring.

lynseym said...

i sew barefooted and prefer it even though i obviously learned to sew in my major in college and therefore wore shoes.