Monday, March 31, 2008

weekending

Oh, I never thought I would be so glad to see a Monday morning! My boy has been sick, sick. He stayed home from school most of last week then popped a 103.5 temp friday night- well, at least that, because he wouldn't let me stick the thermometer anywhere but on the inside of his cheek. Nothing would stay down all day Saturday and Sunday morning; we had two visits to emergency care within one week- but HAPPY DAY- he is WELL! He had a bad stomach virus and a double ear infection following a stomach virus from Easter and tonsillitis on Tuesday- still quite a lot for one mama and one daddy to take care of. We are very grateful to live in Memphis and have a the fabulous Le Bonheur Children's Hospital 5 minutes from our house, and to have pediatricians who keep the office open on Saturday mornings, too!

But there is also pottery news: I made a small etsy shop update on Friday before the second round of sick started, and my kiln, which has not been firing properly since December, is now up and running like it should be. Thanks to my fabulous co-worker, friend, and master potter Deirdre, for that. Another friend requested a special little berry bowl- basically an oversized teacup with colander-like holes. We had a lovely little bowl like this as a wedding present, and I made a few several years ago, but I just fell out of the habit. If bowl #1 turns out, I plan to make a half-dozen for summer sales and the etsy shop.

If you are a Memphis or Mississippi reader, I just got definite news that I will be at the new Mississippi Handmade gallery in Oxford on April 26. They are located at 1004 Van Buren Ave, just off the square, and a stone's throw from the wonderful Bottletree Bakery. Mississippi Handmade is at the corner of 10th and Van Buren. Parking will be a bear that day- it is the annual Double Decker Arts Festival day. Later in May and June, I'll have a booth at the Memphis Farmers Market. I'm not certain about the dates yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I have them. I'm excited about both ventures, and I'll have a home/studio sale sometime in early June, as well. If you're on my mailing list, you should get a postcard about these events. If you'd like to be on my mailing list, email me (bridgmanpottery(at)yahoo (dot)com), and I'd be happy to put you on the snail mail or email list.
Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Day, indeed! I'm so glad he's better!... He's an efficient little one, to get all of those illnesses over in one fell swoop!

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear your little one was sick. Wish him lots of happy thoughts from his friends on the coast!