Friday, February 15, 2013

five of fifty two


This was a very happy kiln opening. 
from the left:
1- underglaze transfer zinnias on stoneware.  I reglazed it, so I did, indeed, work on it in 2013
2- sprig molded fiddle heads on porcelain.
3-vintage hobnail glass inspired stoneware.  I immediately made a second version of this that I'm even happier with.
4- etched and inlay on pale blue underglaze over stoneware.
5- the watercolor style underglazes over stoneware, based on a friend's vintage hand-painted English Ironstone pitcher.  This one is my favorite.


10 comments:

Jess said...

The watercolor birds are beyond wonderful.
Lovely work!

Mama Urchin said...

I love them all! The variety of shapes especially.

Marisa said...

These are all so fabulous that I can't even pick one that I like the best! Melissa, you are a marvel!

Melissa Rohrer said...

I've got to say that the one that really draws me is the hobnail one- Just want to pick it up and feel the texture.

Pam said...

These are beautiful!

calicodaisy said...

Beautiful! #4 & #5 are great!

crystal said...

What beautiful pitchers ~fiddleheads and the birds are my favorites :) Recently found your blog ~it's so wonderful :) makes me miss doing pottery ~
have a haPPy weekend :)

Moss said...

I'd like to order two oxytocin mugs.
Barbara

helmetnona said...

These are fab!
My fave is the fiddlehead one. I used the fiddlehead platter you made on Sunday for lobster brunch. Six people and we cooked those babies right on up!
Love, LAM

the Lady D said...

Dare I say the Marion-inspired one looks a bit like something Mrs. Patmore might use?