Tuesday, February 3, 2009

updated shop


updated
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
I've put about half of the honeypots up in my etsy shop. There will be more to come. I held a few back because of glazing issues, a few for my farmer's market stash, and one other because I noticed a few things I wasn't happy with.

In using my honeypot I've noticed that the drips on the side that come from using a honey dipper seem to be inevitable. What do you think about having an attached saucer-like lip on the bottom of the piece? It would make the piece heavier to ship by a mite, but it might also help to prevent sticky counters. I'd like your opinion on this.

2 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

the plate sound like a great idea

Anonymous said...

You know, it seems like no matter what you do, honey finds a way to escape. It just travels. I wonder if there were a plate, if it would still find a way to get over the lip of the plate. Maybe you should try it out and see?