Friday, August 29, 2008

happy long weekend


hello, yellow!
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
I hope you all have a rest from your labors. We're going camping with another family along the banks of the Mississippi River. Camping is one of my favorite family activities- I just can't get enough of it. Summers are so hot and sticky in the deep south- we don't get out in the woods much from June-September, but we're making an exception for Labor Day weekend. Planning to go again in October and any other time I can fit in. Because I do love hanging out in the woods.

When we get back, we're half-expecting to host a dear friend and some friends of hers from New Orleans. Hoping and praying that we won't need to host them, that big bad Gustav will spare the newly-recovering Gulf Coast his fury. So there's a lot of prep-time staring at me today- prep for camping, for guests.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and send prayers and good thoughts for everyone in Gustav's path. Oh, and also, thanks for all the comments, good will, and friendship you've offered this week. I do appreciate it. Cheers!

2 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

Enjoy the camping!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend! I love that photo with the flowers; it's so pretty.