Wednesday, May 1, 2013

two dogs


I made this urn for Birdy the day after we knew it was time.  I was glad to be able to do it and glad to find a small family-run company to help me.  She came back to me last Monday.

I will be making more of these in the future; I just need to get the sizing down before I offer them in my shop*.  Having her with me is special.  I wasn't financially able to keep Pete with me when we put him down in 2007 and I've regretted it ever since.  But Birdy was my first baby, and I knew that I needed to keep her with me.

(*ETA, yes, I'll have cat sizes as well)














And here's Ajax.  He is almost 12 weeks now.  Sweet, crazy (only sometimes), calm (mostly), loving, eager to please.  Already has sit and come down pat.  Stay, not so much.  But we've got time for that.  Very interested in the chickens, and the bees, unfortunately, think he's a bear.  He's learning to stay away from them.  He doesn't look like a bear to you, does he? I just can't wait until he's big enough to start running with me (3 more months for his bones to be strong enough for running)


Thank you, friends, for your enthusiastic response to my cup project for my friend's children.  I am just bowled over.  Right now I have 30+ orders to fill and the amount headed to the kids is approaching $400.  I could have never done that on my own, and I am so grateful to you.

Later this week, two more pitchers.  Or maybe later this weekend, 4 of them.  depending on if I can get them glazed or not.  Life is moving fast and I'm working on figuring out what goes where and when.  Balance.


7 comments:

littlemancat said...

Ajax is adorable - looks like he'll be a loving friend. The urn is just amazing- love it! Maybe you could do some for special orders and for kitties,too?
Mary

Mama Urchin said...

The urn reminds me I have something Stefan made and asked me to send you. I think it's in the cabinet of my nightstand.

I might be able to see the bear resemblance. And I bet the bees are wary of his enthusiasm. He is such a sweetie though, I hope he doesn't get stung.

Julia said...

so sweet. all of it. and our bees think freddie is a bear too :) he still hasn't quite gotten the hang of it after two years, but the occasional stings don't seem to bother him too much!

shari said...

ajax is the sweetest and i really love the urn, m. been thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

he is way too fun!!! thanks so much!
English Bulldog Puppies

prince said...

To assist yourself with staying quit, invest energy in places where you can't smoke. play bazaar
play bazaar

prince said...

Har Roz Tujhse Milne Ki Dua KarengeTeri Aarzu Mein Hasti Fana KarengeTu Chahe Lakhon Dard De HumeHum Marte Dum Tak Tujhse Wafa Karenge. play bazaar

Play bazaar
satta king