Friday, May 31, 2013

progress

this year I've been working towards a lot of different things, including streamlining what I make (more in terms of finishing and surface design than forms), expanding my repertoire, and looking at the best way(s) to grow my business.  Here's some of what I've been working on lately:




cake stands- I used to throw these in two pieces, but they'd slump or come apart.  Frequently.  It was really frustrating.  I've learned how to throw them in a single piece and they're doing much much better.  Still refining this form, but I'm happier with these and their potential than I was with the others I used to make.  Jeanette has made seemingly (possibly literally) HUNDREDS of cake stands this spring.  She's been a huge inspiration in my relearning cake stands.  There are still some ticky little things I'm not happy with, but I like the direction I find myself moving.

faux bois- the response to these has been overwhelming- both online and in person.  I can't say that these will be a huge part of my lineup, but right now it's fun and fresh and helps me to crank out more of the same old forms.

pet urns- I think I've finally settled on the appropriate sizes and prices for these.  I've made some test pieces and have a few more to make, but they're coming.  For dogs AND cats.

I am still working on pitchers, but I've been so busy with work and life that I haven't taken photos of the last three or four.  This weekend.

Lastly, if you're local, I'll be at the Overton Park Day of Merrymaking next Saturday.  I'll be sharing a booth with Sweaterlove.

1 comment:

prince said...

satta king
play bazaar Ye jo PYAR ki pehli nazar hoti hai
Isay boohat door ki khabar hoti hai