Saturday, April 6, 2013

spring

Today was the really nice day we've had in Memphis in a good long time.  I spent quite a lot of it outside in my garden- checking the bees (new brood!)- chicken-proofing the back garden (mostly successful)
 Edna got over, but no one else did, and after I popped her out of the garden, she didn't try it again.  I planted some onion sets and some strawberries, which leads me to these:
It is ALMOST time for berry bowls.  I'm going to have them in my shop, 10-20 at a time, as I make them, in quarts (these are quarts) and pints.  Saucers will be in a separate listing, for those of you that want them.  In the past I've let these take over all of my making time, which I'm resisting this year.  So no special orders or special colors, just what I feel like making when I make them and when they're gone, they're gone.  I am very grateful for the widespread enthusiasm that these bowls generate, and I'm even more grateful that I figured out how to keep them from cracking the last go-round.

I'll post here and on twitter when I list them, probably later this coming week.

Happy Spring, Friends!





4 comments:

Pam said...

So glad there will be more. I love the berry cup I bought from you a couple of years ago. Planted lots more strawberries this spring and was thinking I'd need a larger size!

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

Happy Spring! Pretty as usual!

prince said...

The charming environment will be a decent interruption from desires, play bazaar

Play bazaar
satta king

prince said...

Mukaddar ka gareeb, dil ka ameer tha,
Mil kar bichadna mera naseeb tha,
Chaahkar bhi kuch kar na sake ham,
Ghar jalta raha aur samudra kareeb tha. Play bazaar
satta king
Satta King