Sunday, December 2, 2012

good morning

December has come and I feel as if I am simultaneously gearing up for my last big burst and winding down, ready to wrap everything up for the year.  I am still working and throwing and glazing and shipping every day until Dec. 15 (actually, I'll stop throwing by Wednesday of this week to focus on the finishing work), then I'll turn my focus to my family and tucking my business things to bed for 2012.  
 

I have one last sale event coming up next Sunday, December 9, at Literacy MidSouth from 2-4 pm.  Late this summer I created a group for creative female entrepreneurs in the Memphis area to explore some of our business and personal issues and learn how to grow, reshape, expand our businesses by learning from each others' experiences.  It is more virtual than real-time, although we do meet.  I struggled through growing my business- especially with taxes and licensing- mostly by myself.  When several women asked me to informally mentor them as they grew into their businesses, I thought about other "hive" organizations like these in other areas.  Since its inception, the group has taken on a life of its own and I've taken my hands off the reins.  This event, a "cash mob" is one that one of our members created to showcase independent retailers in Memphis, and this one is for our group.   I'm super excited about it, and about the group.  I think the group may be the best thing I've done this year.

These ornaments, by the way, are available locally and I have a few online in the shop.  They're simple unglazed porcelain.  I'll have some at the cash mob and at the Trolley Stop Market.

I hope to be back in this space more in 2013, at least once more this year.  Happy holiday season, friends.

1 comment:

prince said...

In the event that you are searching for a brisk shot in the arm like a cigarette gives you, attempt to have a glass of juice. This will assist you in eliminating the measure of cigarettes you have every day, and give you something that is beneficial to supplant smoking with. satta king
play bazaar