Monday, March 14, 2011

what do we do?

there's a motto I try to live by - the motto of the Daughters of the King, an Episcopal women's lay group : "I cannot do everything, but I can do somethings.  What I can do, I shall do.  Lord, what would you have me to do?"  I can't do much, but I can do a little.  Last year Haiti's devastation lodged itself in my heart.  The poverty, the destruction, the despair.  Last Friday, Japan moved into my heart as well.  This week I'm donating 50% of all sales in my Etsy shop to Doctors without Borders for their relief efforts in Japan.  I've reloaded the shop with made-to-order egg cups, including these red cups.  I hope I'll be able to make a small donation, and I will match the first $50 (because my budget doesn't go much beyond that) that comes in.Thanks, friends.

No comments: