Friday, July 9, 2010

weekend again?

I can't believe how quickly the summer is going by.  I'm doing less than I planned, but I always plan to do too much, so I'm ok with that.  I've been swimming a lot.  Every day, a lot.  It is a joy.

On Tuesday I was getting ready to glaze my pots when I realized that I'd bisque fired several honeypots without piercing holes in the lids.  Hmm.  I'll probably make new lids for those pots, but I decided to make jam- blueberry blackberry- instead of glazing.  I processed the blueberry butter, then made the jam.  I have 17 jars of blueberry goodness in my pantry.  I told myself that jam was less demoralizing than honeypots that wouldn't hold a wooden honey dipper.  It turns out that there was another reason to wait to glaze- my friend and glaze helper called and wanted some pottery time.  If I hadn't set my work aside, I wouldn't have been able to have her help.  And I was so happy to have her help.

It is raining!  Big wonderful fat drops.  I hope it keeps up all night.  This is the first rain my garden has seen since June 11.

I'll be at MFM this weekend.  In the "T".  With honey pots, butter crocks, speckley things, berry bowls.  This coming week I'll have several of these same things in my neglected etsy shop.  And my boy has an all-day long camp next week, so I'm planning to throw on the wheel every day. 

I hope you all have a nice weekend.  Thanks for your support, your friendship, your time.

4 comments:

Wylie said...

I know. I feel like the summer is flying by. Maybe it's working 40+ hours a week, but there's just never enough time in the weekends.... You are going to be in great shape from all the swimming! Have a wonderful weekend, a slow weekend, I hope! BTW, we're having TN weather up here on Long Island, 80-100 degrees and very, very humid. Geesh!

Leila said...

Swimming and rain. Lovely!

Overfed Annie said...

We are having a heat wave too, and moving in four days (yikes)!
I came across your work via habit and I love it, and would love to know how to buy some of the new things you are showing.
Wishing you well!

bridgmanpottery said...

Hi, Annie, usually you can find my work at bridgmanpottery(dot)etsy(dot)com. I'm planning to put these french name pieces up after the weekend. plannning. you know how that goes. shipping to canada is sometimes exorbitant, but if you'll email me we can talk shipping (bridgmanpottery(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks for your comments!