Monday, September 28, 2009

autumn colour week


yellow: veggies
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
I'm participating in autumn colour week this week. Besides tomorrow's cooking for kids post (made from these ingredients), I'll just be posting photos this week. I have a miserable cold and little boy is recovering from a nasty GI bug that hit him while he was on a group camping trip with Gary and some friends. I finished a 120+ hour, year-long course for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd on Saturday, noticed that I had a hard time paying attention, and took a nap when I got home. Much like my boy, I only sleep during the day if I'm ill. His daddy reported that they got to the camp, little boy ran around, then went to take a nap. Then all GI nastiness broke loose. He and I were both running fevers Saturday, Sunday, and today. So nothing's getting done but some snuggling, reading, movie-watching, and massive spraying-down of everything we touch with lavender-tea tree disinfectant spray (2 c water, 10 drops each essential oil).

On the up side, this means that I don't have to scrape down those kiln shelves quite yet.

I hope your weather is as beautiful as ours is. We did a little convalescing outside to enjoy the sunshine and mild temps. After two straight weeks (really, it was 16 days) of rain every day, we needed some vitamin D.

5 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

I have a nasty cold too. Hope you feel better quickly.

Sarah Jackson said...

hope you feel better soon!

I'm not doing autumn color because we don't have any. Poo.

Jessica said...

Feel better--it's that cold time of year!

vicki hartman said...

nothing like a GI bug in the woods!
Hope you all feel better soon!

erica said...

Hope you feel better very soon, Melissa!