Tuesday, June 16, 2009

little things


purple kohlrabi
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
breezes, ice, good friends who whisk us away to the pool for the day, and big things, like friends who lend us their generator.
Day 4 without power and we're fine, cranky, but fine. Better with the fan and fridge, courtesy of said generator (**ETA, we've had hot water the whole time because the heater, like our stove, is gas. It's been a help).

I made this round vase, oh, four years ago. Couldn't sell it at the time. Now I think it looks lovely with the purple-veined kohlrabi leaves in my windowsill.

3 comments:

Erin M. Cressman said...

If you guys need a place to crash, we've got ac and a full size bed and a futon for N to snooze on. Just have to be ok with the big puppies.

Love that vase, it's such a unique shape, if you ever make more...let me know ;)

Mama Urchin said...

So sorry about the power. I'd miss the hot water I think. I hopeit's back on very soon.

Leila said...

It IS a lovely vase! I can't believe it didn't sell. But at least you have it to look pretty at your house.

Good luck with the power situation. I know how hard that can be.