Monday, June 1, 2009

June?

Already? I have a self-imposed "rule" about the AC. Well, guideline, really. I don't like to run it before June. Last night we had to turn it on. Mid 90s all week. Everything is green, blooming, producing. Those tomatoes, though, are cheaters. The hanging basket was a gift in mid-march, it came full of blooms. I brought it in and out every night. Nice teeny salad tomatoes.

The other thing about the AC is that when it is on, the kiln can't be. Or vice-versa. We crank the air up so that it is very cool then turn the kiln on right before we go to bed. When we wake up, we turn the air back on. If we're lucky, we'll have a cool day, weatherwise, on a scheduled firing day. Yesterday got up to 93, so I fired during the night. I hope to glaze fire on Tuesday evening*. Hoping for a cool day.

I hope you all have a beautiful summery week!

___________________________________________________

*I'm still working on cranking out and delivering berry bowls to everyone who has ordered one. I got lucky with a 2-week turnaround on the first half of the first batch of orders. The next 33 will be in the 4-6 week range. Thanks for your patience!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Seriously, I cannot believe it's June. We're still in long pants here so no AC...yet!