Tuesday, April 14, 2009

tactile


tactile
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
I just had to share something that came in my mail today. My friend Sarah sent this to me. I was anxiously looking for another package today but was sufficiently distracted by this warm and woolly nest and egg to forget it and everything else. I sat at my kitchen table petting it, marveling at the colors and texture, wondering if some of the wool might have come from Sarah's own sheep. Sarah makes lovely felted bags, scarves, and necklaces that she offers over at smashing darling. I saw a photo of these on her flickr stream and was smitten. What a sweet friend to send me one of these and feed my bird-love.

Thank you so, so much Sarah. I love it.

1 comment:

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

:)
there is some of *our* wool inside!