Saturday, April 25, 2009

market season


honey pots
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
My first day at the 2009 Memphis Farmers Market was excellent. Really, really excellent. Beautiful day, happy customers, happy friends, good brisk sales.

I know I've told you before about Peace Bee Farm, my very favorite honey people, and I believe I mentioned Richard's blog, Peace Bee Farmer. Richard, Rita, and Wes Underhill will also be at the Memphis Botanic Gardens farmers market, which opens this Wednesday, April 28. They will be carrying a small selection of my honeypots! I'm really excited because the Wednesday market reaches a different segment of Memphis and I'm just not able to do both. Also, I'm excited because I just love the Underhills.

I hope the rest of your weekend is just wonderful- I have been awake since 4:45 this morning, and I am looking forward to a short nap before the evening begins.



** Sunday morning edit- if you're looking for honey dippers, there are a variety online, but I get mine from Casey's. They have lots of cool wood items- toys, waldorf and montessori-style children's utensils, toys, and, um, components (for lack of a better word). Great prices, they take paypal, and I want to say that they're all made in Maine, but I can't back that up 100%. I'm going to make another order from them for my Catechesis atrium soon.

3 comments:

amy h said...

Yay! I'm glad it went well.

Mama Urchin said...

i was thinking about you this morning. I'm so glad it went well.

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Glad to hear sales were good! We can only hope that people will still buy high quality, pots, produce, whatever.
Where do you get your honey dippers? I need one for an order and it's been so long since I made any. The ones I've gotten before were pretty iffy.