Friday, January 18, 2008

more bamboo



Here are two of my old bamboo pieces that see frequent use in my house. I keep some bright blooming or foliage plant in this small bamboo-rim flower pot. This week primroses were both on sale and bright and perky at my local grocery store- in the cart they go. A few years ago I made about a dozen of these little flower pots. This is the only one that I kept. It fell during glazing, so I glue-glazed it back together and kept it for myself. My mother has a larger, shallow pot like this in my favorite cobalt blue.


This small bamboo-rimmed bowl filled with clementines is one of two dip-sized bowls in my serving collection. I think that I kept about five of this style, some in white, some in blue, and one in the antique iron, which I also used on the flower pot. Last week I filled the brown one with bright green steamed edamame for a party- it looked as good as it tasted! My boys love clementines- they go through a 4 pound bag each week while they're readily available, so you may be seeing them used as props again.

Speaking of clemies, did you see last week's Minimalist recipe in the New York Times? We made the Clementine Clafoutis Saturday night. It was delicious (and easy)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog on a rainy Saturday in NOLA makes me feel homesick for the home I've yet to stay in one place long enough to create.
I've spent most of the day either shopping the farmer's market or cooking and thought of you. I made a modified pho with two varieties of mushrooms for today, okra & tomatoes to put up for the coming week and found a new brussel sprout recipe with toasted almonds I'll make later this week. First parade of the 2008 Mardi Gras season is tonight! LAM