Friday, August 9, 2013

afoot

This week has seen so much change- I feel almost like my world's spinning like my pottery wheel- but in a good way.  New orders, new clients, new opportunities.  I just brought home a friend's long-neglected Lockerbyie kick wheel and am setting up an outdoor studio for temperate weather.  A new client has requested somewhat rougher/rustic work than what I usually make, and I plan to make it all on the kick wheel.  There will be a learning curve, to be sure, but the work will be somewhat more playful and decidedly less pristine than what I usually aim for.  I'm excited for the opportunity to stretch my skills.

I also began working on a new comprehensive website this week- a catalog of what I make, an online store (planning to keep my etsy store open, at least for the time being), and I'll be moving this journal of my days making pots over to that space.  The url should stay the same, but I hope that the feel, as well as my vision of my work and its progress, will be clearer.  There's a learning curve there, too.

Until next week- have a lovely weekend!


3 comments:

Jess said...

Oooh! A new kick-wheel!
I haven't done any pottery in about 10 years, and I have been feeling the itch lately.
I love seeing what you make.

prince said...

Play bazaar
satta king
Play Bazaar to be set up to fight them individually. Many individuals who quit smoking,

prince said...

Satta King
Play Bazaar Good sites