Tuesday, December 28, 2010

it's out!

I've been holding a bit of news close to my chest for a while, not completely certain that it was going to happen, but it did!  look!


I'm just as tickled as I can be!  I'm in Southern Living!!!  The cups are, of course, over in the shop.  I'm ready to make more this week as I can fit in the time.

When I got an email from the editor for the "Made by Southern Hands" column at the end of October I screamed my fool head off.  Many of my friends have known about this for a while, but I didn't want to spill the beans too early.  We got a call from a relative on Christmas Eve telling us that her copy had come in the mail- I picked up my copy at the grocery this morning. 

I hope you had a lovely holiday- we did- and this just caps it off!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

congratulations!

house on hill road said...

congrats, melissa! it's so well-deserved!

Leila said...

That is so cool! BIG congratulations!

Jennie said...

It's a wonderful photo and I'm so happy for you! I hope the orders come pouring in (but not too many to stress you out)!

Boo_Gardo said...

Congrats! How cool!

RW said...

very exciting indeed.

Jessica said...

Very cool!

Monica said...

What an accomplishment!

amy h said...

A little late, but congrats again on the Southern Living! The feature looks great.

hannah said...

woo hoo! you go girl. You have gorgeous work and you utterly deserve that kind of press. I hope you had a wonderful holiday too :)