Tuesday, May 11, 2010
This photo is the end result of a long line of production- I made ten platters decorated with my favorite (but difficult to find) Japanese Climbing Fern (Lygodium japonicum) for a wedding. One cracked after I dropped an egg cup on it*. I am very relieved to be finished with this project and happy with the results. I hope the bride who ordered them is equally happy!
I'll be at the Memphis Farmers Market this weekend with fewer speckled pieces than I had last time but more ferny pieces. I'm looking forward to good weather and to seeing market friends again. Have a good week! I'm going back up to making multiples.
*I glazed the platter anyway and will hang it in my studio. There are several pieces that I've made with flaws that render them unsellable but that still speak to me- cracks down the center, chips on the side (I am a lazy packer when I'm not shipping, and my inventory suffers for it). I'm thinking of a hanging arrangement in my studio that looks something like this.