Tuesday, January 12, 2010

quiet


eleven
Originally uploaded by Bridgman Pottery
um, hello there. let's see. I have been knitting, trying to stay warm (yesterday the temps got back into the 40s! yay!), dealing with a house full of stomach flu, working on business taxes- sales and prep for federal, and personal tax prep. Taking pictures. Helping with some minor and some serious home improvements (a new radiator cover/bench, further weatherizing the house to minimize the -10 winds howling through the shoji-screen like walls of old Southern homes not accustomed to such weather). Thinking about pottery. Thinking about listing some pieces on etsy later this week. Talking with some farmer friends about a new CSA/ co-op opening in Memphis and having some pottery there. Talking to a friend who owns a small business who made an initial order so.much.bigger than I anticipated.

I hope, at some point this week, to go upstairs and get back into the clay. It seems like I have a meeting in the middle of the day every day this week. 7:15 am school plus 11 or 12 meeting then 2 pm pickup, 5:30 pm supper, 7 pm bedtime means studio time has to happen at night. As much as I used to be a productive night owl, I'm not anymore.

How are y'all?

5 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you're going to have to have some pottery time pretty quickly. Your schedule sounds like a killer. Keep knitting, a least you can easily walk away from that whe you need to do something else.

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

sounds like you have plenty to do. me too. on the road a lot for libby and her sport, but really trying to get some personal knitting in. then shop things.
glad your temps have come up. we are free of storms here for a bit! yay!

Mama Urchin said...

Tired and busy and still cold here. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow.

beki said...

This cold makes me want to do nothing other than knit. The other night when the weather man said that temps would be near 50, my husband and I each let out a 'woo-hoo'. How ridiculous is it to think that 50 is warm in south Louisiana???

I used to be productive at night, too. Now I look back and wonder how in the world I did that.

laeroport said...

I have such trouble being a productive night owl too. Once the kids are in bed these days I just want to curl up with a book.
hey ho.

On the upside, I'm making a dent in the bedside pile of books. :)