Saturday, October 10, 2009

friendships

These butter crocks are a tangible representation of friendship for me. I wrapped them carefully and carried them on my lap as we flew to Washington (because I've had pottery break in my suitcase. It is disappointing to arrive and find gifts in shards). They are gifts for friends- three women I feel like I know well, two of whom I've never met. One is directly responsible for so many of my sales online- she pushed me a tiny bit and gave me a start. I feel like I owe her so, so much. All three are fabulous mothers and inspiring in their dedication to their creative output, their homes, their families. I'm lucky to get to see them and hug their necks today. Email is wonderful, blogs are great, but in person- that's just bliss. I am so, so happy that it is happening.

I've made about a dozen butter crocks now and feel like I have the form down. I should have plenty of these available for the holidays. I try to make a few of these and a few berry bowls every time I throw. I really like them in this speckled glaze.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

Alicia A. said...

where you going, lady? are you talkin' dc or state?

Mama Urchin said...

well you know we're beyond thrilled to have you here, and we love the butter bell too

house on hill road said...

jealous. those girls are great!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to hear about this trip--it is sounding like loads of fun!

Papa Urchin said...

Yes, we are love the butter bell. :)

emily said...

just spread some nice salty butter on my toast, scooped straight out of my butter bell! xo.